Opening: INI Chair
With the term-of-office of the current INI Chair completed, the INI is now seeking an exceptional scientist with an interest in networking and science application to lead the INI over the next 3 years. As the Chair of the INI Steering Committee (INI SC), you will support collaboration between the regional centres of the nitrogen science community and with the global activities of INI, including the next International Nitrogen Conference, in Berlin, Germany, 2020.
For more information on the INI please see our website at: http://www.initrogen.org/
Role of the INI Chair
The INI Chair has the following roles:
- To stimulate global nitrogen science networking.
- To scan widely for opportunities to apply the results of regional nitrogen science into the public arena at regional and global scales (this may include policy processes, rolling out improved practices, public understanding of science and press engagement).
- To chair the INI SC (‘Skype’) teleconferences (approximately every 3 months).
- To appoint a Deputy Chair to support the work of the INI Chair and to represent them when needed.
- To contribute as the lead of SC to the International Advisory Committee of N2020.
Each INI Chair is appointed for a three-year term. The past INI Chair is willing to provide advice to the new Chair, and may support the transition as a co-chair for up to one year.
If you are considering to be nominated, we suggest you register your interest with Will Brownlie, INI Director of Operations (email@example.com ). If you would like to nominate someone else, please encourage them and send a letter of nomination. To discuss the role further, feel free to contact Will Brownlie, Mark Sutton (INI Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org), or any of the INI SC members. Further details on INI and its SC members are available at www.initrogen.org
If you are willing to be nominated, you should email to Will Brownlie (email@example.com) at latest by 4th June 2018, with the following:
A copy of your curriculum vitae, including publication list, grants list and other key outputs,
A covering letter where you: outline your vision for the next three years for the INI, identify any areas of special interest that you would like to develop through the INI network, and quantify the extent of your time availability to contribute as the NI Chair.
A note indicating the names, contact and affiliation of 1 or 2 referees who nominate you.
By the same date you should ensure that:
Those nominating you send by email a letter of nomination to Will Brownlie. This should clearly set out their recommendation of your suitability as INI Chair and confirm their understanding of your time availability.
For more information please click here or see the attached document below.