The Third Plenary Meeting for the International Nitrogen Management System (INMS-3) was held in Central Edinburgh at the Principal Hotel on George Street, from the 16th to 19th April 2018.
The meeting was attended by 115 participants from 29 countries, with 58 of the Towards INMS project partners represented.
The meeting included a Project Partners Assembly, Stakeholder and Policy Advisory Group meeting and a number of Component and Activity-related meetings. A meeting dinner was held on the Monday evening, which included a Ceilidh, with a mixture of Scottish dancing and talent provided by INMS-3 participants.
On Tuesday evening the Scottish Parliament hosted participants at the Global Nitrogen Initiative Reception, hosted by Mr John Scott MSP. The reception was addressed by, Roseanna Cunningham, Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform, Professor Mark Sutton, Director of INMS, and Isabelle van der Beck from UN Environment Programme.
During the meeting, the INMS PCU launched the Towards INMS twitter page (https://twitter.com/TowardsINMS).
Presentations: Monday 16th April 2018
- Session 1: Welcome and views from multi-lateral agreements
- Mark Sutton: INMS: Introduction and updates
- Chris Cox: The UNEP Secretariat of the Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-Based Activities (GPA)
- Marine Arabidze: The Black Sea Commission
- Session 2: Sharing the INMS vision and baseline activities
- Hanqin Tian: The global N2O Model Inter-comparison Project
- Session 3: Reflections and engagement – statements from country stakeholders
- Keith McWhinnie: Nitrogen strategy and Scotland
- Tapan Adhya: The Indian Nitrogen Assessment
- Markus Geupel: Progress with an integrated Nitrogen strategy for Germany
- Session 4: Reflections and engagement- IGOs, Business and NGOs
- Lorenzo Labrador: World Meteorological Office
- Barbara Nave: BASF
- Patrick Heffer: International Fertilizers Association
- Parallel Sessions
Presentations: Tuesday 17th April 2018
- Session 5: Updates on INMS- Component Overviews
- Jill Baron & Hans van Grinsven: Component 1
- Wim de Vries: Component 2
- Mark Sutton & Cargele Masso: Component 3
- Clare Howard: Component 4
- Parallel Sessions
Presentations: Thursday 19th April
- Session 6: Feedback from Parallel Sessions
- Session 8: Update from PCU on INMS Procedures – Including Q & A